Shaving cream has been a staple in men's grooming routines for decades, loved for its rich, creamy lather that ensures a close, comfortable shave. Originating in the early 20th century as a convenient and effective alternative to traditional shave soap, this product quickly gained popularity. Shaving cream not only prepares the skin and hair for shaving but also provides a layer of protection, minimizing the risk of nicks, cuts, and irritation. Follow the steps outlined below to achieve a smooth and comfortable shave!
1. Prepare your face: Before you begin, wash your face with warm water and face soap to remove dirt and oil build up, and open the pores. To soften the hair and protect the skin apply a pre-shave oil. These first steps will ensure a smoother, more comfortable shave.
2. Scoop out shave cream: Using your hands or a small spatula scoop out a small amount of shave cream (about the size of coin) into your palm. This amount may vary depending on your beard growth and the thickness of the cream.
3. Lather in your hands: Use your hands to create a lather by rubbing the shave cream between your palms. This might take a few seconds to a minute, depending on the shave cream's consistency. You can add a few drops of water to help create a richer lather.
4. Apply to your face: Once you have a good lather, use your hands to apply the shave cream to your face. Spread it evenly and cover the entire area you want to shave, making sure to massage the lather into your beard or stubble. This will help lift the hairs and create a protective barrier between your skin and the razor blade.
5. Shave: Begin shaving with a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction of hair growth to reduce the risk of irritation, razor burn, or ingrown hairs. Rinse the razor frequently to remove any hair or cream buildup.
6. Rinse your face: After you've finished shaving, rinse your face thoroughly with cool water. This will help to remove any remaining shave cream and soothe your skin.
7. Pat dry: Gently pat your face dry with a clean towel. Avoid rubbing as this can cause irritation.
8. Apply aftershave or moisturizer: Finish by applying an aftershave splash or aftershave balm to soothe and hydrate your skin.
By following these steps, you can effectively use shave cream without a lather brush for a smooth, comfortable shave. If you wish to lather using a brush follow the same steps of how to use a shaving soap.
Tips, tricks and other uses:
We are always hearing about new and unique ways our customers are using their WSP products to work from them! In this section we will regularly update with new ideas, tips, tricks and hacks that we come across.
- Did you know shaving cream doubles as a handy cleaning agent? It's gentle yet effective on stainless steel and jewelry. To clean, simply apply the shaving cream to the item, gently rub it in, and then wipe it clean. For a final touch and to restore its shine, buff with a microfiber towel
If you have a unique way that you use shaving cream email or message us on any of our social media platforms and we will add it to the list with a shout out!