Shampoo bars are a fantastic, eco-friendly alternative to traditional liquid shampoos. Tracing their roots back to before the invention of liquid shampoos, they've seen a recent resurgence thanks to their minimal packaging, natural ingredients, and impressive longevity. The solid form of these bars, without excess water content, often allows them to last longer than their liquid counterparts. They're designed to cleanse and nourish your hair and scalp without stripping away natural oils.
1. Wet your facial hair or short hair: Begin by thoroughly wetting your facial hair or the short hair on your head with lukewarm water. The water will help activate the shampoo bar and make it easier to lather.
2. Lather the shampoo bar: Hold the shampoo bar in your hands and gently rub it between your palms to create a lather. Alternatively, you can glide the bar directly over your facial hair or short hair on your head, using a circular motion to produce a lather.
3. Apply the lather to your hair: Once you've generated a sufficient amount of lather, use your hands to massage it into your facial hair or short hair. Focus on the hair roots and skin, as this is where dirt and excess oil tend to accumulate.
4. Massage your hair and skin: Use your fingertips to gently massage the lather into your hair and skin, using circular motions to stimulate blood flow and ensure a deep clean. Spend a few minutes massaging the lather in to make sure all areas are covered.
5. Rinse thoroughly: Rinse your facial hair or short hair with lukewarm water, making sure to remove all traces of the shampoo bar lather. You may need to rinse several times to ensure that no residue remains.
6. Gently dry your hair: Pat your facial hair or short hair dry with a clean towel, being careful not to rub or tug the hair too harshly. Rubbing can cause frizz and damage, while gentle patting will help maintain the hair's health and appearance.
7. Follow up with conditioner (short hair): If desired, you can follow up with a conditioner. This can help to further nourish, soften, and detangle your hair.
8. Follow up for facial hair: Once your facial hair has dried you can follow-up with beard oil and beard balm to help moisturize and condition the hair and the skin beneath it.
By following these steps, you can effectively use a shampoo bar to cleanse and maintain the health of your facial hair or short hair on your head.
Tips, tricks and other uses:
We are always hearing about new and unique ways our customers are using their WSP products to work for them! In this section we will regularly update with new ideas, tips, tricks and hacks that we come across.
If you have a unique way that you use shaving cream email or message us on any of our social media platforms and we will add it to the list with a shout out!