- Building off the success of our vegan Rustic Shaving Soap, we set out to create the best tallow based shave soap possible. We wanted an easy to lather soap with great cushion & moisturizing properties with excelling glide. You be the judge, but we think we nailed it with Formula T.
- Formulated with tallow & shea butter for extra cushion, moisture, & a superior post shave feel.
- Made in America at our food grade workshop in Chandler, AZ with moisturizing Tallow & Shea Butter for the perfect shave. Free of synthetic dyes & preservatives. The full list of natural ingredients includes: stearic acid, water, tallow, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter), fragrance, & sodium hydroxide. Free of synthetic dyes & preservatives.
- Formula T is extremely dense. Our long lasting concentrated soap will last you from 100 up to 300 shaves. 135 grams, 4.7 ounces by weight. The secret is the long curing process. We let the soap cure for as long as it takes to remove any excess water, so all you're buying is soap; not water.
- If you aren’t 100% happy, we don’t want your money. Don’t like it? We’ll send you something you do like; and if we can’t, we’ll refund your entire purchase price. And if you are truly unhappy and want us to send you a prepaid return label, send us an email and we will.
Fomula T is a homage to classic Americana. We named it after the iconic Ford Model T. The goal was to create the best shaving soap possible. We wanted it to be slick, super easy to lather, have great cushion, and give you a great post shave feel. Made with tallow, shea butter, and a long cure time, we think this is the best shave soap for your money!
Ol' Kentucky - We based our label colors on the Kentucky Derby, and Woodford is the official drink. We started the blend with top notes of bourbon and base notes of oak, sandalwood, & a hint of patchouli.
How to Use It
I crafted my Rustic & Formula T lines with one overarching goal in mind: ease of use. I made them so they’d lather up just as easily in hard water as they do in distilled water. No bowl necessary.
While you can lather it up any way you prefer, as there is no one right way, I prefer lathering them up right in the tin. After wetting the brush (I prefer a minute soak), I just go at it (swirling the brush on the soap until a thick lather is built), and then apply it to my face.
Click the thumbnail for a bigger photo.
The Origins of Formula T
The story of Formula T began with my obsession with tallow soaps. While I had a brief sojourn when I discovered that Martin de Candre actually made an amazing vegan formula, tallow shaving soap has always been my first love. And so, after perfecting my Rustic Shave Soap formula, I set out to make the best damned tallow based shave soap possible. And Formula T was born.
I was inspired by the great American soap makers of the 19th and 20th century. They used tallow. The most widely regarded soaps from Britain and Europe also contained tallow. In fact, some people still believe that shave soap isn’t good shave soap unless it is made with tallow.
Inspired by Mitchell’s Wool Fat & Tabac, I set out to make something so great it is able to withstand the test of time. So, taking all the working knowledge and science I learned from creating the Rustic line, I started experimenting. Unlike my R&D with the Rustic line, I pretty much nailed it on the first formulation. After a few tweaks, I sent it off for outside beta testing.
The feedback was stellar! Everyone loved it. And the rest, as they say, is history.