- Gold Dollar is the only budget straight razor that actually works. Other budget razors are made from unhardened 440 stainless steel and are only good for decoration or opening letters. The model 800 is the premier offering, made from hardened carbon stainless steel.
- Why go with stainless steel? Two reasons: it'll hold it's edge for longer and it will resist rusting. But it's not rust proof, so don't keep it in a humid environment. What makes it different than 440? Tool grade carbon stainless steel holds an edge.
- A Dovo Best will set you back $150, and most people don't even consider the factory edge shave ready!
- This razor is sharpened by hand, in house, at our Chandler facility. Do you really trust your face to anybody? Lee has been sharpening straight razors for over a decade and has been sharpening customer's razors since 2008. Check out our reviews! Search for A Sharper Razor, our sister company. And if by some fluke of nature, if it isn't shave ready, we'll take it back and pay the return shipping.
- The blade measures 3" x 6/8", which makes the razor easier to judge angles, strop, & hone. The razor also comes inside a high quality coffin made from sturdy 100 point paper and wrapped in faux leather paper with a beautiful gold foil print.
If you aren’t 100% happy, we don’t want your money. Don’t like it? We’ll send you something you do like; and if we can’t, we’ll refund your entire purchase price. And if you are truly unhappy and want us to send you a prepaid return label, send us an email and we will.
Inside the sturdy coffin is your ticket to manliness on a budget. It is hands down the best budget carbon stainless steel straight razor. This one may not win any beauty awards, but at less than 1/3 the price for the same quality shave as a Dovo Stainless (which costs $190), it cannot be beat. And, if you really don't like it, we'll take it back.