- Real. Manly. Shave Soap. Simple formula. Real & natural ingredients. Manly smells. That's what I set out to create, and that's what you'll receive.
- It's Slick! The goal was to create a freakishly slick shaving soap that is so easy to lather, a five year old could do it.
- Lathers Up FAST! I can load my 26mm Extra Dense Stubby brush in under 20 seconds. Now, my workers have told me I move like a ninja sometimes, but this soap was built to lather quickly & easily. And it does! You too can easily create a rich, luxurious, & slick lather in under a minute!
- Long Lasting. The #1 complaint I receive about these soaps is: "it takes forever to titanic my tin. I want to try your other scents." My concentrated formula will last you a whopping 4 to 6 months of daily shaving! The secret is the long curing process. We cure the soap until it's done. We want to sell you soap; not water.
- Made by Hand & In America at our food grade workshop located in Chandler, AZ using the following natural ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Shea Butter, & Fragrance.
- If you aren’t 100% happy, we don’t want your money. Don’t like it? We’ll send you something you do like; and if we can’t, we’ll refund your entire purchase price. And if you are truly unhappy and want us to send you a prepaid return label, send us an email and we will.
Rustic Shave Soap is my first shaving soap formula. I wanted to make a vegan and super slick shaving soap that everyone could enjoy. I also wanted to make it in a variety of great smelling scents.
Lavenderwood - A masterful blend of lavender and cedar. I started with essential oils of lavender and cedar wood. Then, I added some rosemary. For the dry down, I finished it off with patchouli essential oil & musk.
The Story Behind It
When I decided it was time to add a shaving soap to my product line, it needed to lather easily in hard water, be super slick, and protective. I started by looking at the existing options, but only one truly stood out. Considered the holy grail of shaving soap, imitated, but never replicated, Martin de Candre’s iconic vegan shaving soap stood out as the king of shaving soap. Some people even considered it the Holy Grail of shaving (it costs $70 per jar). So, I set out to crack the code…
Long story short, after thousands of hours of R&D and hundreds of failed prototypes, an early version of Rustic Soap was born. It lathered like a champ. Generating enough bubbles for 6 passes easily. And it was slick, super slick. I had cracked the code. But that wasn’t good enough. After spending so many hours and dollars, I wanted to make the best soap possible. So, I set out to make a better vegan shave soap.
The main complaints about MdC are: it’s drying and there are no scent options. So, I made it better by incorporating shea butter and a ton of awesome scents. The result was a soap that lathers as soon as you look at it, that smells great and provides enough cushion & moisture to impress even the most discerning gentleman.
How to Use It
I crafted my Rustic & Formula T lines with one overarching goal in mind: ease of use. I made them so they’d lather up just as easily in hard water as they do in distilled water. No bowl necessary.
While you can lather it up any way you prefer, as there is no one right way, I prefer lathering them up right in the tin. After wetting the brush (I prefer a minute soak), I just go at it (swirling the brush on the soap until a thick lather is built), and then apply it to my face.
Click the thumbnail for a bigger photo.